(Z-1) Equipment & Systems Testing Department
Written by Administrator | Monday, 12 July 2010 10:00
The Equipment and Systems Testing Department carries out research in the field of radiocommunications. An important part of the Department activity is connected with the Telecommunications Equipment Testing Laboratory, which has accreditation certificate issued by the Polish Centre for Accreditation (AB 121). The Department also supports all Institute activities as Notified Body No. 1471 under Directive 1999/5/EC (R&TTE Directive) and offers consultancy services concerning technical requirements and standards.
Participation in projects:
- the NCBiR (National Centre for Research and Development) project: Development of a modern monitoring system for increasing fire safety of buildings
- the NCBiR project: Development of functional wireless rescue communication system with a possibility of using in excavations threatened with methane and/or coal dust explosion – RESYS
Achievements in 2013
The most significant achievements of the Department in 2013 are:
- continuation of a contract execution commissioned by the Office of Electronic Communications (UKE) for technical expertise on interferences in Polish UMTS networks observed in the 900 MHz band due to emission of CDMA2000 base stations located on the Ukraine territory;
- completion of a contract commissioned by the Ministry of Administration and Digitization for technical expertise on the criteria for the protection of aeronautical radionavigation service (ARNS) in the frequency range of 694–790 MHz;
- execution of contracts commissioned by the Regional Headquarters of the State Fire Service in Łódź for technical expertise on fixing the causes of interferences observed on channels of PSP radio network during the operation of base station transmitter, which is installed in a mobile command center.
Competences and offers of the Department:
- cooperation in research programs dealing with radio equipment and systems;
- expert opinions concerning radio equipment and systems;
- support in planning of point-to-multipoint and point-to-point microwave networks;
- consultancy in radiocommunication requirements and standards;
- preparation of test plans for conformance assessment with essential requirements of Directive 1999/5/EC (base for CE marking and declaration of conformity);
- tests of radio equipment and systems within the frequency range of 9 kHz to 40 GHz, performed according to the standard procedures or test plans agreed with the customer;
- EMC and safety tests of electronic and electrical devices;
- preparation of the Notified Body Expert Opinion regarding conformity to essential requirements of Directive 1999/5/EC on the basis of the submitted technical construction file;
- preparation of technical requirements and test methodology for network equipment, especially when mutual compatibility problems and interferences occur.
Within the Department is located Telecommunications Equipment Testing Laboratory accredited by Polish Centre of Accreditation (PCA).
Head of Departament: Elżbieta Tomaszuk, MSc
Phone: (+48) 22 5128 283
Last Updated on Thursday, 28 August 2014 12:22